The Mowbray Public School P&C Environment & Sustainability sub-committee organise events and activities across many areas including: Working Bees, Gardening Club, 2nd Hand Uniform Popup Shops, whilst encouraging sustainable practices.
What we do
- Liaise with teachers at Mowbray so we can build a more sustainable school environment and reduce the school’s environmental footprint
- Educate the school and wider community about how they can live more sustainably
- Improve the native, natural spaces in our school to attract local wildlife
- Co-ordinate Working Bees at least twice a year
- Encourage sustainable practices for all school and P&C activities and events
- Help organise our participation in the Edible Garden Trail
- Collect, collate and organise donated uniforms for the 2nd Hand Uniform Popup Shop, once per term, contact us.
Volunteer with Us
- Come along to a Working Bee or help out in the gardens (ie Reconciliation Garden or The Bank)
– Watch out for details in school correspondence
- Attend a Willoughby City Council Mowbray Bushcare session
– 1st Friday of each month 3:15-4:15pm
- Help at the 2nd Hand Uniform Popup Shop
- We love new ideas. Please contact us if you have any suggestions, are interested in joining our committee or have an interest in a particular aspect of sustainability.