Research shows that children benefit when their parents are involved in their education and school life. Get involved by volunteering in any of these areas at Mowbray Public School. You will have many opportunities to meet school staff and other Mowbray parents/carers:
- Class Parents
- Canteen (lunch orders)
- Social and Fundraising events
- Environment & Sustainability
- 2nd Hand Uniform Popup Shop
Other Volunteer Opportunities
There are also many other opportunities to volunteer, including:
- Classrooms – Help with in-classroom activities and reading groups
- School Library – Re-shelve library books and keep resources well maintained and accessible
- Mowbray Bushcare – Get down and dirty in the school garden
- Sports Carnivals – Assist in Athletics, Swimming and Cross country events
- School Excursions – A fun way to spend the day, assisting the teacher on school excursions.
Volunteer Your Special Skills or Talents
We have some clever volunteer parents/carers at Mowbray who have introduced Mowbray to diverse sports and assisted with activities like baking, bees wax wrap making, carpentry, design, orienteering, Japanese cultural days, sushi roll making, football, tennis, netball, social media, electrical work, photography, web design and copy writing skills, and more.
Volunteering and the Working with Children Check (WWCC)
To volunteer at Mowbray Public School, you will need to have the relevant Working with Children Check (WWCC). This may be:
- Your existing, current WWCC Certificate (with an official number from Service NSW) or a
- WWCC Declaration.
These forms are updated regularly. Please contact the school office to discuss, before you volunteer. Mowbray P&C will prompt you for this confirmation when you volunteer for any Mowbray P&C-organised activities or events.
If you have a skill or talent you wish to share or are interested in helping with the many varied activities, please email the P&C Secretary.