At the beginning of the school year, the newly formed Year 3 social and fundraising committee and the P&C meet with the principal and talk through the teachers and parents wish list, and other suggestions of potential items, that the committee could target their fundraising towards. These items are then prioritised, discussed and then voted on.
At Mowbray, the school has determined several ongoing costs to support our children and families, these are:
- Donation to supplement the DoE funding of the School Learning and Support Program – Supporting students across the school who need assistance with the development of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Technology enhancements & upgrades – replacing, upgrading and adding technology for all students K-6.
- Take Home Readers – Ensuring there are adding to and replenishing home readers for the children as the school numbers increase.
In addition to the ongoing costs, the fundraising efforts have helped major purchases such as:
- Air-conditioning for the new school
- Sail shades over the kindy classes
- Sport banners / Dance mirrors in the hall (w/ dance families)
- Directional repainting of the Cubbyhouse Car Park
- Dishwasher, oven and stove-top for the canteen
- Portable outdoor sound system
- Laptops for the classroom
- Updating of the Hall lighting system
- 8ft netball / basketball tower
- Mural for sound wall
Thank You Gift! – But, it doesn’t end there. It is also customary for Year 6 to donate a gift to the school each year. Funds for this are raised from lunch orders during the sports carnival plus the Year 6 Fete, organised by the Year 6 children. These much appreciated items have been:
- 2017 – 4 gazebos to be used for shade and weather cover at events
- 2016 – The “Kiss n Drop” banner out the front of the school
- 2015 – The lectern on the stage in the hall
We welcome your input! If you have an idea for the wish list, please include the title, estimated cost and potential benefit to the school and email the P&C Secretary.