Helping out at school is a great way to get involved in your child’s education and to get to know the school staff and other parents.
Research shows that children benefit when their parents are actively involved in their education and school life. And at Mowbray, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved:
- Class Parents – The class parents play an essential liaison role between teachers, parents, the school and the P&C. This is a fun and interactive role. A great way to get to know your child’s class, your teacher and being involved in the Mowbray School community. More Information
- Canteen Helpers – Run by Volunteers, this is a great way to help and sneak a peak at your child during school. More Information
- Uniform Shop – Run by volunteers, this is a great way to meet new people. More Information
- Fundraising & School Events – There is always volunteer opportunities to support our many school events! More Information
- Band – With lots of events and instruments and children to organise, there are lots of ways to get involved with Band. More Information
- Strings – With lots of events and instruments and children to organise, there are lots of ways to get involved with Strings More Information
- Sustainability – Aims to support and enhance the school’s Environmental Management Plan. More Information
- Do you have any special skills or talents? There are often opportunities that allow Mowbray parents to volunteer their skills to help the school. In the past, we’ve had parents volunteer their baking, carpentry, electrical, design and copy writing skills, and more! If you have something you want to share, please email the P&C secretary.
Additional opportunities you may hear about from the school your teacher
- Classroom Helpers – Helping with in classroom activities, reading groups and more! Contact your teacher for more information
- School Library – Parent Volunteers help keep the library books and resources well maintained and accessible.
- Garden Team – Get down and dirty with your child, helping out in the school garden, by Joining the garden team.
- Sports Carnivals–Like Athletics, Swimming, Cross country and more!
- School excursions – a fun way to spend the afternoon (or day, or night, depending on the excursion