The P&C is instrumental in providing additional funds to support our growing school. Without these funds and community support, we would not be able to support our children and the growing needs of our school. We work towards gaining addition funds through a variety of essential avenues.
Social and Fundraising committee
It is a tradition that Year 3 parents take responsibility for leading the primary fundraising activities within the school. The logic behind this idea is that by Year 3 parents are generally familiar with how the school works, and have probably attended one or more events, and yet their children still have enough years left at the school to benefit from the hard work of their parents’ raising funds.
The Social and Fundraising committee role is to organise events and activities which address the twin objectives of having fun together and raising money for our school. A fundraising target is determined by the committee, in consultation with the school, at the beginning of each school year.
In 2018, the primary Fundraising activities will be:
- Colour Explosion – Invites Mowbray Children – Term 1
- Movie Night – Invites Mowbray Families & Community – Term 2
- Trivia Night – Invites Mowbray Adults – Term 3
- Make your Mark – Invites Mowbray Families & Community – Term 2 and 3
- Night of Fashion – Invites Mowbray Mums – Term 3
- Halloween Family Disco – Invites Mowbray Families & Community – Term 4
For a complete list of school social activities, click here.
Parents and friends can assist Mowbray though utilising the following businesses, which directly bring funds or supplies back to our school.
- Bright Star Kids – If you are looking for labels, please consider using www.brightstarkids.com.au. Place your order and nominate “Mowbray Public School” at the Checkout (under “Link a Fundraising Account”). Our P&C earns 15% from each order.
- Scholastic Book Club – Whenever you purchase from Scholastic Book Club, the school is given points toward buying educational resources. Scholastic Book Club catalogues are periodically sent home with your child. More information about the program can be found here.
- Entertainment Book – Get over $20,000 worth of valuable offers for hotels and resorts, travel, attractions, dining, shopping and more. Plus, we will receive 20% of every membership sold. Books available from the school Office or Digitally! More information about the program can be found here.
- Coles “Sports for Schools” – During a limited period of time, for every $10 spent at Coles supermarkets, you will receive one Sports for Schools voucher, which our school can use to purchase great items from a catalogue of equipment. More information about the program can be found here.
- Woolworths “Earn & Learn” – For a limited period of time, for every $10 Spent at Woolworths, you will receive a Earn & Lean sticker, which our school can use to purchase great items from a catalogue of teaching resources and education supplies. More information about the program can be found here.
Please support the businesses that have supported our school! Our supporters make donations of all sorts for the benefit of our school – we couldn’t have such amazing events and success without their support.
Tax Deductible Donations
Parents and friends can assist Mowbray through donations to the following which have Deductible Gift Recipient status from the Australian Tax Office.
- Mowbray Public School Building Fund – This is a long-standing fund that is used to specifically fund acquisition, construction and maintenance of school buildings, fixtures and fittings. Also, a great for corporations and individuals that want to donate $100 or more directly to the school. Email the P&C treasurer for transfer details and receipt collection.
- Mowbray Public School Library – This can be used solely to improve the range of facilities provided by the Library, including books, technology, and multi-media.
- Make your Mark – A spectacular way to celebrate your time at Mowbray. You can have your name or hand drawing picture engraved on a brick and it will be laid in the amphitheatre by the oval for many years to come!